Extended Title: Recruitment of for an external Auditor for the PAU Project
Recruitment of for an external Auditor for the PAU Project
Tender number: P-ZI-IAD-010
Closing date and time: December 8, 2017at 1500hours
The African Union Commission has received financing from the African Development Fund toward the cost of the support to the Pan African University, and intends to apply part of the agreed amount for this grant to payments under the contract Recruitment of for an external Auditor for the Pan Africa Union Project
The service under this assignment is to provide financial audit services. The consulting firm is expected to be able to have the capacity to express independent professional opinion on the AUC financial statements and the PAU project financial statements based on his audit carried out in accordance with international audit standards issued by International Federation of Accounts (IFAC). The auditor should be accredited at international standards, experienced in applying either International Standards on Auditing (ISA) or the International Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions (INTOSAI) .The Audit also carried out by an external, independent and qualified auditor. (Certified Public Accountant/Authorized Public Accountant).
The appointment will be for a period of three (3) years subject to annual review (2017, 2018 & 2019):
The service to be provided will include, but not necessarily limited to the following:
- Carrying out the audit is the statement of income and expenditure and related financial operations in connection with PAULESI located at University of Ibadan In Nigeria, PAUSTI located at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology in Kenya and PAUGHESS located at Yaounde in Cameroon at the level of the Rectorate which is located in Addis Ababa;
- Without restricting the auditors’ work or the audit procedure and techniques the auditor may wish to carry out procedures outlined below to form an opinion Reviewing the income and expenditure of the PAU, an external audit of the Income and Expenditure Statement for the financed programmes;
- A budget expenditure review, examine, access and report on compliance with the terms and conditions of the funding agreement and the use of funds for the intended purpose, Verification of compliance with the financial procedures and confirming that proper financial records have been kept by African Union Commission .
- Conducting, an audit commencement meeting and closing meeting with AUC and the partner of the PAU programme;
- The auditor is examining on a test basis that there is supporting documentation related to reported expenditure. The size of the test shall be based on auditor’s risk analysis and that should be stated in the report. The external auditor is obtaining sufficient and appropriate evidence on which to base its conclusion, and shall report the identified amount when such evidence is missing or not made available.
- The external auditor has the prerogative to conduct spot checks of any of the support output and reports based on their risk and relevance analysis, whenever they judge it necessary to complement or control information provided in the consolidated financial report.
The African Union Commission now invites eligible consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.). Consultants may constitute joint-ventures to enhance their chances of qualification.
Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s “Rules and Procedures for the use of Consultants” May 2008 Edition, revised in July 2012, which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.afdb.org.
Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 08:00am to 5:00PM from Monday to Friday
Attn: The Chairperson, Tender Board,
African Union Commission, Building C, 3rd floor, TENDER BOX, Roosevelt Street,
P. O. Box 3243, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Telephone number (+251) 11 5517700, Ext 4341 or electronically to Tender@africa-union.org