Extended Title: Painting of Durban Heights Water Works Buildings
Painting of Durban Heights Water Works Buildings
Issuer: Umgeni Water
INVITATION TO TENDER
PAINTING OF DURBAN HEIGHTS WATER WORKS BUILDINGS
Tender Number: 2018/001
Umgeni Water is a state owned business enterprise that operates within the South African legislative parameters.
The primary function of Umgeni Water is to supply treated water in bulk to its Municipal customers.
Competent and experienced contractors are invited to tender for the following:
- Painting of Durban Heights Water Works buildings. Only tenderers who fulfil the following criteria are eligible to submit tenders:
- A CIDB grading of 3 GB or higher is required.
- Tenderers are required to achieve at least 35% Contract Participation Goals (CPG) including a minimum 5% Black Women Participation of the value of goods, services and works paid to one or more Enterprises (CPG Partner/s) as agreed with Umgeni Water before contract award.
Tenderers who are the main contractor (irrespective of BBBEE classification) are not exempt from this requirement and are still required to have a CPG Partner.
Evaluation method: The tender will firstly be evaluated on eligibility. If found to be eligible, it will be further evaluated in two stages i.e.
- Functionality shall be assessed. A minimum functionality score of seventy (70) points is required for the tender to be considered further
- Price & Preference using the 80/20 Preference Point Scoring System in terms of PPPFA.
The physical address for collection and submission of tender documents is:
310 Burger Street,
Documents may be collected during working hours from 09h00 to 15h00 from 17 July 2017 to 20 July 2017.
Tender documents shall only be collected during the said period and hours.
A non-refundable tender fee of R500.00 payable by Electronic Fund Transfer before collecting the tender Document.
Proof of EFT payment is to be provided on collection.
The said transfers may be made to:
BANK NAME: ABSA,
ACCOUNT NAME: UMGENI WATER,
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 4082270574,
REFERENCE: TENDER NO. 2018/001 and Company Name.
1. Tender documents shall not be issued if incorrectly referenced.
2. Tenderer to request the bank to forward notification of payment by e-mail to: rani padayachee at firstname.lastname@example.org
tel. no 033 341 1199 or the abovementioned e-mail address before making any EFT transfers.
Note: No cash payment will be accepted when issuing tender documents.
Queries relating to the issue of these documents shall be addressed to:
Miss Rijata Sing,
tel. (033) 846 1823,
A compulsory clarification meeting with representatives of Umgeni Water will take place at:
Venue: Durban Heights Water Works on
Date: 21 July 2017 starting at
Only tenderers who have collected the Tender documents may attend this meeting.
No tender documents will be issued at the clarification meeting.
Therefore if tenderers pay during the collection period, they must ensure collection before the meeting.
Tenderers must ensure that they bring their documents to the clarification meeting for signing purposes.
No concessions will be made for tenderers who do not have their tender documents in their possession.
Tenders are to be deposited in the tender box located outside the main entrance at:
310 Burger Street,
Pietermaritzburg on or before 12h00 on 17 August 2017.
Umgeni Water’s Standard Conditions of Tender and Conditions of Contract are available on Umgeni Water’s website www.umgeni.co.za/sustainable_development/sud.asp Persons aggrieved by decisions or actions taken by Umgeni Water, may lodge an appeal within 7 days of the date of the intention to award advertisement appearing in the relevant print media.
The appeal (clearly stating reasons for appeal) and queries with regard to the decision of award are to be directed, in writing only to the Supply Chain Management Office,
Attention: Supply Chain Management e-mail: email@example.com
Note that appeals not addressed to the abovementioned e-mail address will not be considered.
For any other tender adverts, please visit this website.